Pinned F.A.Q.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

To send private messages or create posts you need to create at least one character in game. You can download game here.

• Since most of you have a lot questions that you keep asking me or other staff members via DM on the discord or the forums,
    Questions & Answers thread is open.
    You are free to ask about anything you that you'd like regarding the DBOZ project in general, forum, discord, game,
    in that thread and it will remain open.
    This F.A.Q thread on forum is collections of questions you asked in that thread and also in discord.
    This thread will serve as general guide for current community members and future newbies.

Important Notice:
    This thread will be closed since I will need to update/expand it from time to time.
    I want to have 1 thread with all questions and answers.

Signature

class13 “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not” class14

We might see each others in some other games.
    Take care everyone!

• ★ F.A.Q. Part 1 ★

• Q: What is the signature dimensions?
    • A: The maximum signature size you can use on forum is 1000 x 200, if you use any higher then the forum will resize it.
    • Q: What is the forecast to release the client for download?
    • A: Open Alpha will be begin on the 24th of September, however some lucky people can win keys to have anticipated access on the 1st of September.
    • Q: What are the major differences between this server and other servers? (Relating to a new upgrade system, new dungeons, new dogis, etc.)
    • A: It is all about differences in content. DBOZ's content will be based on DBO's story, so anything added will be based on DBO's story and design. There will also be a ton of RNG fixes, or better said, alternatives in almost all content regarding the involvement of RNG. There will be tons of new features that are are planned which have never been seen in other projects, with true and unique PVP and PVE balances. We don't use any source code related to the server-side code, as this project utilizes it's own server code made from scratch. It is not a DBOG based copy like other projects. With that being said, we can only suggest that you stick with us and see it with your own eyes.
    • Q: Which Client does DBOZ use?
      A: Open Alpha will use the latest KR client, which has some new items and content that cannot be found in the latest version of DBO TW.
      Open Beta will begin with the use of our '3.0' client, which is based on the DBOG 2.0 client with the exception that it will be bug-free, and is based on the latest DBO KR client. This means it has higher stability and better performance alongside new features that you've never seen before. Since both of clients are compatible, sharing the sames directory and assets, you will not need to redownload the game at Open Beta.
    • Q: Is DBOZ going to be optimized in term of performance for Windows 10 users?
    • A: You won't experience any freezes on win 10 on both of our clients, so yes it will be optimized with Windows 10.
    • Q: What will be the max level?
    • A: For the Open Alpha test the level cap will be 70, but keep in mind that the Alpha phase serves to eliminate critical bugs, improve security and performance, meaning that it will be followed by a wipe.
      After the Alpha phase there will be the Open Beta phase which is true start of server. This means that there will be no further wipes.
      Open beta phase will start with a lower level cap which will be increased with time. The exact duration has not been decided yet, however lower caps will not stay long enough to the point where you get bored.
    • Q: Are you going to add new maps or dungeon?
    • A: Currently we have the files to reach Level 70 cap easily, yet that will not be the end of our content. We have the necessary tools to create new maps, new mobs, NPCs, items, quests, skills, and instances such as TMQ or UD. This means you can expect higher caps than 70 in the future, and that these caps will not simply be a renumbering limit but will have fully-fledged new content.
      As for which cap will be the final cap? That all depends on you guys, there is no limit and so as long as you play this game we will bring you more and more content.
    • Q: What will be the preferred combat system in terms of meta game?
    • A: In DBOZ, speed parties still exist as an option for dungeons but not as a meta. This means a little nerf to speed parties, and a buff for skill-based parties. At the end of the day, skill based parties will be able to clear PVE content faster than speed parties.
    • Q: What about the aggro system? Will it be more like retail servers or like other DBO Projects?
    • A: Our aggro system is very close to retail TW, which was much better than what is currently used in other DBO servers. We will do our best to perfect it.
    • Q: How are you going to handle cash shop?
    • A: We would rather make the cash shop pay to progress rather than pay to win, meaning that you will not find things such boxes, dogi balls which are not possible to get without money. We will try to design the cash shop to have as many cosmetics as possible, which would have very little impact on competition, such as: dogis, vehicles, pets, titles (no stats) and other things.
    • Q: Will we possibly see other transformation grades such as Super Namekian or other grades of SSJ?
    • A: People ask for new transformations all the time, so I guess that the majority of you guys want that. There is chance we will add them as post Level 70 content since it may fit into the DBO lore.
      If implemented it needs to be done carefully, as transformations would have a huge impact on balance.
    • Q: Will you look into adding air combat at some point?
    • A: This game was not designed to have air combat, it would be extremely hard to create balanced and good air combat.
      Thus I sadly have to say no for now, but at least we can use our time to create a lot of other exciting content
    • Q: Is the token shop receiving any changes so it could better accommodate higher level players?
    • A: The token shop is getting a redesign, I believe with it the new rewards will be more useful and worth to buy, and that the token shop will never lose value.
      The new token shop actively rewards instead of rewarding AFK players. This means that being AFK in the game will get you 0 tokens, and so to get points you must play actively, such as engaging in rank battles, grinding, or clearing instances etc.
    • Q: Does Open Alpha have the chips system?
    • A: This alpha will have the old retail scouter chip system, yet that is only for the Open Alpha.
      We plan to create a new scouter system which will probably be mix of the latest scouter system with the old chip system, alongside a few new features.
    • Q: Will multi-account farming be allowed?
    • A: Using a second account to buff yourself is not going to be forbidden, however there will be alternatives to get buffs without a buffer (only in the Open World).
    • Q: How will power leveling be in DBOZ?
    • A: Power leveling is harder due to exp adjustments that make it more retail-like.
    • Q: Will the game be fully translated?
    • A: Yes, the game will finally be 100% translated into English and other languages. We intend to finish the game's translation until the official release of the server. In its current state we have all content up to Level 58 translated, yet we are going through revisions to find and fix errors.

Signature

class13 “I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not” class14

We might see each others in some other games.
    Take care everyone!